Boatmaster's Fire Safety Course
The MCA approved Boatmaster's Fire Safety course is aimed at skippers and crew of small vessels and is suitable for fishermen, boatmasters, inshore ferry operators and pilot vessels.
The course aims to provide candidates with the knowledge of how fire starts on board and how to prevent it, and ensure they are confident in the procedures to follow in the event of a fire.
Pre- Course Requirements
Candidates must be over 16.
- Understanding of how fire starts and spreads.
- Understanding of the cause of explosions.
- Actions to be taken on dicovery of a fire or on hearing the alarm.
- Fire fighting systems on board.
- The different types and correct use of extinguishers.
- Correct measures for casualty search, rescue and recovery.
Classroom teaching is followed by a practical session to consolidate the skills and procedures taught.
Every candidate takes part using a variety of extinguishers and fire blankets.
Assessment and Certification
Candidates are continually assessed throughout the course. Additionally there is a practical assessment in the use of fire fighting equipment and a multiple choice exam which are taken at the end of the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded the MCA Boatmaster's Fire Safety certificate.
To book, select the course you want below and click 'Book Now' on the event page.